Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Minor update

In preparation for the move I've bolted down all enclosures. It was harrowing, getting them laid out just right for the tube lengths, but it turned out wonderfully. I will apply sealant tomorrow night, and by the time it dries the UHaul will be here.

All it needs now is the application of the wood sealant (which I have), holes for the air hoses (which I can drill tomorrow) and weights (which I'll buy after the move, no sense in lugging them around in a suitcase).

Thanks to everyone that's donated recently, it funded a trip to Home Depot for bolts, the wood platform, sealant, an adapter (to use the power drill as a screwdriver) and so on. Thanks also to the friend who hauled that shit back to my place, couldn't have done that part without you.

The weather is cold as fuck lately so I won't be able to put it in the water in good conscience even when complete. As compensation I'm thinking of setting up a live webcam in the Hampture Mk. II prototype, which will be in an aquarium. Until the weather improves, though, the main focus will be on Project Earth Rover.

No comments:

Post a Comment