Saturday, July 16, 2011

T-minus 1 hour to mission end.

At 1pm today I'll be removing the habitat from the water, marking the end of the 24 hour underwater mission. Early this morning I dropped by the site, plugged my laptop into the webcam USB umbilical and was able to confirm that the hamsters are not only alive but appear active and healthy. Even so I was worried pretty much the entire time. No matter how much effort you put into the design, the safety system and whatnot, when there are lives in the balance you still feel irrationally paranoid until it's all over. I'm very tempted to remove them now lest something go wrong at the last minute but I want to see this through. Wait for the followup post, where I'll have cut together video from the onboard cameras for your review.

2 comments:

  1. great job. cant wait to see the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always say it's the waiting that's the worst part. I hope the little furry aquanauts have been keeping hale and hearty :D

    ReplyDelete