Thursday, October 4, 2012

Celebrating six months of aqua hams

As winter is closing in and the aquarium is in an outdoor shed, I've brought the hambros to the surface to live in their large surface cage until it becomes warm enough to resubmerge them.

I then realized that they first began living fulltime underwater (save for brief weekly surface breaks during the cleaning and resupply of the habitat) sometime around mid April. That's a full six months. I'd call Guiness, but they'd have me committed.

1 comment:

  1. Six months woo! We should have a party.

    PS. I told my sister about this, and she said that hamsters are much happier/longer lived when they new places to explore/social contact. I'm not sure if the second applies to other humans, hamsters, or both; we generally have only one at at time though. I will say this, she plays with hers much more than I ever did, and they live much longer.

    Anyways, I still think this is a really cool project.

    ReplyDelete